FC1 -> FC2 APT upgrade howto

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue May 25 15:13:10 UTC 2004

Since this is one of those things that are going to get asked over and
over again I wrote a few notes (actually just slightly edited Seth's yum
upgrade hints :) on howto upgrade from FC1 to FC2 using APT:
http://laiskiainen.org/apt/misc/fc1-fc2-apt-hints.txt

I haven't tested things like full ATrpms + freshrpms + Dag etc upgrades
*at all* and not going to spend huge amounts of time debugging such
upgrades either but will happily add notes to the guide of any specific
issues+workarounds people find.

Oh and once more: if you use LVM on your system, don't even think about
using apt or yum for the upgrade!

	- Panu -