Apache 2.0.49 reading >2GB files.

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 25 15:24:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:03:15AM +0900, Naoki wrote:

> >I don't think either Mandrake or Debian build with LFS enabled in the
> >2.0 packages.  It *completely* changes the binary module interface in
> >2.0; it wasn't such a big deal in 1.3.
> >
> >(in fact, building 2.0 for LFS doesn't work until 2.0.49; we had that
> >bug reported upstream from someone using the SuSE packages who found
> >that they were subtly broken)
> >

> Ohh dear, thanks for the info Joe. Appreciated.  Kind of annoying though
> seeing as how common >2GB files are becoming for me.
> I've got the 2.0.49 SRC RPM if I just whack in the required -DLFS (or
> whatever) what do you think my chances are?

It might be better to split the files (/usr/bin/split).  The time to
transfer >2GB tells me that browser tools and concepts do not fit.

It might be possible to use mime tricks to launch a shell window with
/usr/bin/ftp or another tool that is big file friendly for the
transfer.  Define a mime type '*.big' and associate .big with a big
file handler/script.  Do check to see if '.big' is taken... if it is
pick another suffix.  i.e. move the issue outside of apache.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l