FC2 - No eth0

Betti Ann & Preston Smith prsmith at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue May 25 17:11:06 UTC 2004

At 02:05 PM 5/25/04, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 12:46, Steve Pyatt wrote:
> > I'm having the same issue with ne.0 missing. I can't find the file
> > anywhere. Does anyone have any clues on how to get this working? I can't
> > find anything in the archives either. It worked fine on FC1. I'm running
> > a Kingston KNE20.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
>
>CONFIG_NET_ISA is not set, that might be the culprit.  It looks like
>it's needed to enable building modules for the NE2000 driver.

Bob!!

Tutorial time for this newbie.

How do I go about setting CONFIG_NET_ISA?

In another thread Phil Shaffner mentioned ,

QUOTE
Looks like at best you will have to locate or build the ne kernel
module.  If I read the .config correctly it's not selected by default.
Need to select "Device Drivers/Networking support/Network device
support/Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit)/Other ISA cards/NE2000/NE1000 support"
in gconfig.
UNQUOTE

What is gconfig and how do i activate it?  I tried running it in both a
user and root (via su -) terminal and it is not recognIzed?

Thanks for the help

Preston

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith, Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS,
prsmith at ns.sympatico.ca
1962 MGA 1600 MK II, 1980 MGB Limited Edition
2002 Damon Challenger 335 Motor Home on 2001 Ford V-10 20,500 lb chassis