CPU running half speed on ThinkPad with FC2

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Tue May 25 21:18:30 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:
> [root at ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors
> userspace performance
> [root at ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor
> userspace
>
> What does it say on your system?  The default governor is configurable
> in the BIOS of my Thinkpad T41.  "userspace" must be selected for the
> cpuspeed service to manage the processor speed dynamicaly.

Thanks for the reply Warren. Those cpufreq cats give the same results as
you have:

[root at thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors
userspace performance
[root at thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor
userspace

I don't seem to have the "default governor" setting in the BIOS - or at
least I couldn't find it.

There was a "CPU Power Management" option that toggles between
"automatic" and "disabled" (it was disabled, but setting it to automatic
doesn't appear to have made a difference).

The cpu MHz I get from "cat /proc/cpuinfo" doesn't seem to vary from
1199.133 regardless of what I'm doing.

Steven Garrity