Problems with Ägypten and pinentry-qt

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Tue May 25 22:04:13 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 00:43:49 +0200
>
> > Ok, noone is listening, but maybe...never give up hope.
>
> On high-traffic mailing-lists, you can almost be sure that somebody
> reads your messages. But if nobody replies, the reason is likely that
> either your messages were too specific and nobody could help or they
> were not detailed enough.

You are completly right, but sometimes it can help to get only something like
"not reproducable here"....
So thank you for your command.

> > Something else, even more ionteresting I think:
> >
> > $ pinentry-qt
> > Warning: using insecure memory!
> > [0xf700d02c] -> OK Your orders please
> > OK Your orders please
> > getpin
> > [0xf700d02c] <- getpin
> > Out of memory!
> > Speicherzugriffsfehler
> >
> > With the "Out of Memory" the window closes, thats after some seconds.
> > And that could be interesting, too:
> >
> > $ pinentry-gtk
> > Speicherzugriffsfehler
>
> Cannot reproduce.
>
> $ rpm -q pinentry
> pinentry-0.6.8-0.fdr.1.1.90
>
> $ pinentry-qt
> Warning: using insecure memory!
> [0xf704d02c] -> OK Your orders please
> OK Your orders please
> getpin
> [0xf704d02c] <- getpin
> [0xf704d02c] -> D 123456
> D 123456
> [0xf704d02c] -> OK
> OK
> bye
> [0xf704d02c] <- bye
> [0xf704d02c] -> OK closing connection
> OK closing connection
> Assuan terminated
>
> $ pinentry-gtk
> OK Your orders please
> getpin
> Warning: using insecure memory!
> D 123456
> OK
> bye
> OK closing connection

At this moment I am able to use pinentry-gtk, so I have a workaround.
But maybe anyone has an idea how to search for the failure? Or what to do? I
found some comments that this failure either depends on qt 3.2 or depends on
some bad compiler options like to less memory reserved.

Maybe someone knows more?

Roland