xine

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue May 25 23:12:30 UTC 2004

Mike wrote:
> Not really a fedora question. I have everything working in xine accept
> win32 codecs i think. I have them installed in /usr/lib/win32 but still
> cannot stream wmv. Does anybody know how to verify if xine is seeing
> win32 condecs or any other advise? When i try to play wmv i receive the
> following message.
>
>> xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
>> Aborted

A SIGSEGV is a bug (accessing memory not belonging to the process).
It's usually caused by dereferencing a null pointer or walking off the
end of allocated space.  My guess is that it's seeing your codecs, but
they are defective.
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -