Win4Lin in FC2

Mike Payst linuxgruven at nc.rr.com
Tue May 25 23:19:53 UTC 2004

John Thompson wrote:

> Has anybody tried Win4Lin in FC2?  There's no offical patches yet
> apparently, but perhaps patching a generic kernel would work.
> Anybody tried this yet?

I have FC2 on a test disk with spin 2 of the NeTraverse generic 2.6
kernel and Win98SE.   Spin 1 of the generic 2.6 kernel didn't work so
well for me (lots of crashes) but spin 2 seems to be fairly solid.

The ntpd daemon does not start automatically and NeTraverse is looking
into that problem.  A workaround is to issue "modprobe capability" and
then "service ntpd restart".

My experience is limited so far but I'm optimistic that the NeTraverse
generic 2.6 kernel will work with FC2 nicely RSN.