How to add driver after setup ?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue May 25 23:38:46 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 26.05.2004 schrieb Marc Mouriès um 01:12:

> any hints, guys ? I search on google and did not find anyting.

> > During setup i forgot to add the driver for my SATA disk drived by a
> promise
> > controler.
> > How to install it aftewards ?

Please stop top-posting.

And you hijacked the thread "Fedora Core 2 - review." - certainly a
reason why you got no reply.

As long as the driver you want comes with the kernel just load it with
modprobe. If you need a proprietary vendor driver like by Promise then
go to their website or ask them. If they don't have a driver matching
your kernel (and Linux offers no driver support too) then it is a no go.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 01:35:50 up 3 days, 7:32, load average: 0.53, 0.47, 0.39
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]