OT: network problem (speed) *FIXED*

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Wed May 26 00:25:19 UTC 2004

thanks for the suggestions guys.. have managed to fix the problem by
replacing the NIC with a spare...

I still don't know *why* is suddenly starting running slowly (or
thinking it was only 10mb) but I remembered that before I'd moved the
machine to the other room I'd also done an dist-upgrade.. and there was
a new kernel.. i tried booting back to the old kernel but that didn't
fix things.. so not sure whether even that was a problem..

anyways.. its now got a 8139 based card in there and all is well again...

seeing as this is the backend server for my mythtv system.. was getting
antsy cos I couldn't watch TV.. lol

thanks again guys.. and I hope your suggestions point others in the
right direction for finding out possible problems..

Cheers

Craig

--
Craig Tinson

8010 Media Ltd

                                     \|||/
                                     (o o)
_ _ /: Thbbft.  |   Craig Tinson               | "The most overlooked
\'o.O;   _/     |   8010 Media Ltd             | advantage of owning a
=(___)=         |   Email: craig at 8010.co.uk    | computer is that if