Still the anoying installer problem.

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed May 26 14:22:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:52:16 -0500
akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> As I suspected the installer in FC2 still has the following anoying
> problem. You create the root user before you decide that you don't
> want to use md5 passwds. So root has a md5 passwd that screws up
> passwd autherization ant least if you are using NIS.
> Why was this done? It would have been easy to make the default
> non-md5 passwds.

Aren't all problems annoying?  :o)   I'd hazard a guess that most people
aren't using NIS and that md5 password are a better default for the
majority.   You're right though, it would be nicer for the installer knew
about the md5 passwd choice before creating root.   Should probably
file a bugzilla report so that this is remembered for future changes
to the installer.

Cheers,
Sean