Anybody have any experience with RAID controllers under Fedora?

Matt Morgan matt.morgan-fedora-list at brooklynmuseum.org
Wed May 26 14:50:34 UTC 2004

On 05/26/2004 06:39 AM, Robert Keeney wrote:

> Robert Keeney wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang Gill wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:49:08 -0700, Benjamin Arai wrote

>>> so, which card and what happened.
>>>
>> I have installed RH73, RH9, and FC1 on several Dell Servers with no
>> problems at all.
>>

> They all had Dell PERC raid controllers. Sorry I don't know the model
> numbers.

At least some Dell PERC controllers are actually re-branded LSI MegaRaid
controllers, I was surprised to find out the other day. I don't have any
running with FC, but they have always worked excellently for me with RH
6 onward--with the exception of the quad-channel PERC2, a while back
(late 1999/early 2000). RH and Dell would only support the single- and
dual-channel PERCs at that time (I don't know if that's still true, or
even if they still make quad-channel controllers anymore).