Suspend or hibernate - how?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Wed May 26 15:49:19 UTC 2004

Pete Toscano wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004, Satish Balay wrote:
>

>>I've tried suspend to ram - not disk. If ACPI were to work you could
>>do the following as root:
>>
>>echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>

> Hmmmm, this works and is surprisingly quick, but when I recover (by
> holding down the power button for a few seconds), I've lost my pointer.
> Anybody know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> pete

I've love to know as well. I'm currently using testing rpm of kernel
2.6.6-1.383. The same result after resuming from suspend. I lose all
ability to point using my USB mouse or touchpad. Even an init 3 then
init 5 doesn't restore them. Only a reboot does. Also, my LCD monitor on
my Thinkpad T30 doesn't turn off.

My solution was to return to using apm only by added "acpi=off" in the
kernel parameters in grub.conf, just as Satish Balay has done. I'll
probably keep testing this as each new testing kernel rpm comes out.

dex