Anybody have any experience with RAID controllers under Fedora?

Dan Haines dan.haines at metservice.com
Wed May 26 21:44:44 UTC 2004

I set up a Durastor 6320SS under FC1.  Initially, FC wouldnt
automatically attach the external RAID, so I had to add the RAID's
(single partition) host, channel, target id, and lum to a scsi
add-single-device command, which went into /etc/rc.sysinit.  This worked
fine.

However, under FC2, FC picked up the external RAID straight away.  It
was so efficient, that it loaded the SCSI controller driver the RAID was
attached to, before it loaded the SCSI controller driver that my
internal SCSI disk was attached to, reversing the labels of the drive.
RAID became /dev/sda, and the internal became /dev/sdb..

I managed to fix this tho, and all is now well.

Im using Adaptec cards, and a combination of the aic79xx and aic7xxx
drivers.

Cheers,
Dan