Fedora Core 2 on a Thinkpad X20 - Anyone?

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed May 26 22:09:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Zingale <zingale at ucolick.org> wrote:

> There is an alpha version of the ltmodem driver with support for the
> 2.6.x kernel.  I've downloaded, but I haven't yet successfully installed
> it. It is not as polished as the previous releases though.

Hmm. I may see if I can coax it to compile if I get a spare hard drive for
my X20.  No modem support would not be good, as it's my primary way of
getting my e-mail when traveling.  Plus, the whole point of having
built-in modems is so that you don't have to carry PCMCIA cards around.

> I can no longer suspend.  I could just fine with RH 8, 9, and FC1.  I've
> filled a bugzilla report on this, and hopefully, some ideas will come
> though.  The LED light for illuminating the keyboard works fine.  Volume
> controls do to.

Ahh, suspend - the other feature I depend on... :)  I'll have to check the
Thinkpad list to see what problems Thinkpads seem to be having with 2.6
and suspending ...

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!