Ugly, ugly fonts in X apps after upgrade to FC2 [Was: Re: core 2 test 2 : fonts ]

Vladimir G. Ivanovic vladimir at acm.org
Thu May 27 00:16:06 UTC 2004

I have the same problem on the released version of FC2. Xterm and
especially XEmacs have leading and size problems, and are especially thin.

I searched for "font" and "fonts" and didn't find anything on either the
fedora-devel or fedora-test lists. I also checked the unofficial FC FAQ.
Nothing.

Can someone suggest a solution, or failing that, a place I can search
for a solution?

Thanks.

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir at acm.org
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014

    ck>
    ck> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 12:01, Raghu Angadi wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I just upgraded from test1 to test2.
    >>
    >> One thing I noticed is that font rendering seems to have changed in xterm,
    >> xemacs (apps that use traditional fonts). I run xterm with 'courier new' and
    >> the font looks awful after the upgrade. No config differences that I know of.
    >>
    >> Do you know what's going on?
    >>
    >> xterm command:
    >>
    >> xterm +sb -fn -*-courier new-medium-r-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> Raghu.
    ck>
    ck> Check the archives of devel-list and/or test-list. I belive I remember
    ck> seeing something about that, but it never affected me so the fix didn't
    ck> stick in my head.
    ck>
    ck> --
    ck> Chris Kloiber, RHCX