CDRW Slower Under FC2 Than FC1

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu May 27 02:45:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:10:29PM -0700, Don Campbell wrote:

> If your CD/RW is an IDE interface device note that with the 2.6
> kernel support for burners in linux has shifted from scsi emulation
> to the ATAPI driver.

Right. I am aware of that. Since I wrote the earlier message, I hauled
in cdrecord 2.00.3 (the latest) and compiled it. It does not recognize
either the CD-RW or the ATAPI CD-R on the computer.

However the bundled version at least does a scanbus correctly. But it
fails a -inq, complaining it cannot open "/dev/sg*".