GUI for firewall configuration

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu May 27 04:17:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 01:13, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Using firestarter with good success, but had a problem with excessive
> console and GUI messages on the busy intranet at work.  Workaround was
> to use "dmesg -n4" to quiet it down, and to turn off display of traffic
> not directed at my host in the GUI.  Still lots of logging showing up
> in /var/log/message or interactive dmesg, but at least can now use the
> VCs.  Any good advice on this?

Look on /etc/ for a directory created by firestarter. In one of the
rules , it creates the LOG rule. I ended commenting this line , so I get
no logs on /var/log/messages... I wish I knew how to configure syslog to
move the iptables logs to /var/log/iptables... this would be perfect..

--
Pedro Macedo