FC2 Disc 4

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Thu May 27 04:20:16 UTC 2004

Nina Pham wrote:
> oh, I didn't check the option to install everything. Thanks. By the way,
> Fedora boot much slower than RH9. Is it because of its nature or because
> I installed too many stuffs than I did for my Rh9 system?
>
> Nina

As someone else has posted, you probably have quite a few services
running. Assuming you don't have an unusually low amount of RAM you
shouldn't be having a problem. You may want to turn off some services.

ntsysv (as root)

The above command will allow you (from a terminal) to see what's
starting up by default. You can turn most of these off (depending on
what you're using the system for of course). After you've run
"ntsysv" you can then actually terminate the services in question.
Or just switch init levels with,

telinit 3

telinit 5

Or shut down each service manually. Depends on what you're doing. My
  assumption is that you are using it as a desktop and not simple
(relatively speaking of course) CLI.

Hope This Helps,

Alex White