FC2 ate my system

Jonathan Savage jonathansavage at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 13:26:21 UTC 2004

 >Still no luck. I tried rewriting the MBR with Windows 2000's FIXMBR from
 >the repair console. That didn't work. I reinstalled FC2 and tried Jack
 >Aboutboul's instructions on fixing the drive geometry table. I still can't
 >install Windows 2000. Any other ideas? If not, I guess I'm off to buy a
 >new HD. Grrrr. Thanks for trying to help.

I got bit by the same issue while running test 1 but the problem
was not as well identified. I also reinstalled windows but it stubbornly
refused to boot even after reformatting the HD. Since FC2 Test 1 would
install & run fine I was fairly certain that there was nothing fundamentally
wrong with the HD. I used the trial version of wipedrive from
http://www.accessdata.com/Product07_Download.htm (a utility that
is used to erase *any* and *all* data on the HD). Windows installed fine
after that. I've since removed the windows partition altogether since
the only
application I really used XP for was quickbooks and I've replaced that with
quickbooks.

YMMV.

Bests

Jon