upgrading to Xwindows

Brad Smith brads at redhat.com
Thu May 27 14:17:04 UTC 2004

I've never done anything like what you suggest, but you could probably
do this by running:

yum install gnome-desktop

and letting it handle the dependencies for you. Before doing this, make
sure you configure yum to use a mirror instead of the main repo, which
can be slow. Then start it up, make yourself a sandwich and with any
luck when it's finished you'll be able to just run 'startx'.

Again, I haven't done this but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

--Brad