FC2 problems on Dell latitude C600

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Thu May 27 18:35:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 21:26, Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au wrote:

> 2. login and try various stuff but logout hangs entire machine. The LCD
> display goes black and then the top half stays black but the bottom half
> goes a brilliant offwhite that fades from the edges to the centre of the
> screen in roughly circular pattern (truncated across the middle by the
> top half which is all black) until the bottom half is dull grey.
I had a similar problem with my desktop at home. I think it was related
to sound card problems? I think Gnome was hanging when trying to play
the shutdown sound. The problem went away when I disabled the sound (I
did get the sound working eventually)

> 3. touch pad moves mouse pointer but doesn't recognise taps or double
> taps.
You may have a Synaptics mouse pad. You'll need to install the drivers.
See
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=954&sid=fa6523c759e52792013c9a445b0f5296