Howto: Direct rendering with your ATI Radeon and FC2

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Thu May 27 22:31:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:20:57PM -0700, Rick Johnson wrote:
> Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
>
> >Hi Gabriel, Rick and others,
> >
> >Can you tell me how well the ATI drivers work ?
> >How are the performance & stability ?

Btw: there are new ATI drivers on their website:

#> New Features
#> The latest version of the ATI proprietary Linux driver introduces the
#> following new features:
#> Explicit regparm support for newer Redhat, Fedora and SuSE kernels
#> VIA KT400 motherboard chipsets now recognized properly

I haven't tested them yet, but will give them a try tomorrow.

--
THEOREM: VI is perfect.
PROOF: VI in roman numerals is 6.  The natural numbers < 6 which divide 6 are