php problem with pg_connect()

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 27 23:08:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 18:50, Avram Aumick wrote:
> I keep getting the following error since upgrading from RH8 to RC1 when I
> try to connect to my postgresql database:
> <error>
> Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0) in
> test.php on line 15
> stat =
> Connection status bad
> Could not connect!
>
> Warning: pg_last_error(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
> resource in test.php on line 30

Found this reference that may be what you are experiencing.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-php/2004-01/msg00026.php

Quoting from the article:

In my /etc/php.ini file I had this line:
extension=pgsql.so
(now removed).

; Note: For Red Hat Linux, packaged extension modules are now loaded via
; the ini files in the directory /etc/php.d.

# ls -l /etc/php.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           51 10 nov 16:40 pgsql.ini
# cat /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini
; Enable pgsql extension module
extension=pgsql.so

End of quote

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Johnson's First Law:
	When any mechanical contrivance fails, it will do so at the
	most inconvenient possible time.