FC2 and DPMS

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Fri May 28 10:09:19 UTC 2004

>> Dave Ulrick wrote:

> I don't think you understand the problem. There is a bug that only
> manifests itself when you use KDE, where DPMS activates while the
> user is actually using the computer, i.e. moving the mouse or typing.
Ok, this is a bug! But he aks for a solution "with FC2 and/or xorg to
configure DPMS" and I gave him an workaround, cause of his monitor
should not turn off still he is working on. What can you give, an real
patch to fix this bug?

What is your problem? Will you wait until this bug is patched and
working on a monitor that turned off all the time you are sitting in
front of it? Why not use a workaround till this problem is solved,
provided that your are not able to solve it yourself?

I'm using Fedora Core 2, Kde-3.2.2-7.0.2 with dpms turned off in
control center and with the xset dpms settings from my prevois
posting. It works great for me, so use it or leave it out.

        Olaf