FC2 and DPMS

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 28 10:49:04 UTC 2004

Olaf Mueller wrote:

> I'm using Fedora Core 2, Kde-3.2.2-7.0.2 with dpms turned off in
> control center and with the xset dpms settings from my prevois
> posting. It works great for me, so use it or leave it out.

Sorry, now I understand what you meant! You didn't say you had disabled it
in the Control Centre - I didn't even realise you were using KDE.

So the KDE bug is caused by the DPMS settings in the control centre, not by
the xset ones. I'll try disabling in the control centre and enabling DPMS
some other way. It's a difficult bug to pinpoint because it means waiting
at least 30 minutes after changing something to see what happens. So if
your tip fixes it, I'll be very grateful!

Jonathan