ATI Rage Mobility under FC2 (Re: Mozilla problem after upgrading to FC2)

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri May 28 15:43:49 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>> I'd be very grateful if you -
>> or anyone who has the ATI Rage Mobility driver
>> working with DefaultDepth 16 -
>> would send me your xorg.conf .
>
> Check your mail :-)

Thanks very much for your xorg.conf .

This kind of works on my Sony C1VFK laptop.
That is, it works as is, although it starts off
by showing a "black screen" but then seems to recover
and finally works OK.

However, on my machine which has a very small screen
I have to use a Viewport and an unusual Mode
       SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   1024 480
                Virtual   1024 768
                Depth     16
                Modes    "1024x480" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection

with
       Modeline        "1024x480" 65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344 480 488 494 560
-hsync -vsync

and the laptop does not accept this (which worked with FC-1).

So I guess my problem is the "Monitor" settings.
Your hsync/vsync settings were more generous than my laptop seems to allow,
but that didn't seem to matter.

But thanks very much for your help.
I guess I need to learn a bit about the settings in xorg.conf ,
which currently are a bit of a mystery to me.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366