KDE menus aren't changeable

Raúl Moratalla raul.moratalla at ono.com
Fri May 28 23:20:55 UTC 2004

Antti Aspinen escribió:

>No. I wrote in that message that I made clean install. I formated old
>Fedora and installed new. I also removed everything in my home folder so
>there are no settings from old KDE. And your advice to delete ~/.local
>folder did not help me anywhere. KDE menu editor still can't do
>anything. And I don't have folder called ~/.config
>
>KDE menus are really fucked up in Fedora(and also in Redhat usually)
>If I remove KDE rpms from system and then build kde from sources I think
>that I'll have some hope with this... :|
>

>-Antti-

I had the same problem and I discovered that I couldn't change the menus
of KDE if I had modified the icons (and I don't know if the theme too)
in GNOME.
I don't know if this bug has been reported, but it should be reported. I
resolve it always deleting the folder ~/.config and I think that you
should have created it.
If find how to solve it please tell it to the list ;)

Regards,

Raúl