Rhythmbox won't release audio

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat May 29 16:39:50 UTC 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 11:36, Mike Frisch wrote:
>Scott A Phipps wrote:
>>Try running gstreamer-properties and setting the output to ESD,
>> then restart rhythmbox.  That should take care of the problem.
>
>That did it!  Thanks...  now, is there supposed to be a shortcut
>somewhere for gstreamer-properties?  How would the average person
> know to use that?
>
>Mike.

Humm, to continue this thread, I'm on FC1 yet, but when fiddling with
the lower menubar's assignments while running this hithertoo unknown
utility, nothing passes the 'test', and:

/usr/libexec/gnome_segv: error while loading shared
libraries: /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.6/libgstosshelper.so: cannot open

A locate of libgstosshelper.so comes up empty.

Should an FC1 upgrade from RH8 have this file?  If so, what rpm is it
in so that I can install it?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)