usb scanner - resolved (& feedback)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 30 01:00:03 UTC 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 10:50, Fedora List wrote:
>Feedback:
>
>Problem resolved, I had copied the firmware file to:
>
>/usr/local/share/sane/gt68xx/PS1fw.usb
>
>and should have been:
>
>/usr/share/sane/gt68xx/PS1fw.usb
>
>(or for that matter):
>
>/usr/local/share/sane/PS1fw.usb
>
>Pathing a litttttle dodge.
>
>Ooops!
>
>Stuart

This may be because you have played mix-n-match between rpms and
building from src tarballs.  The default location for the rpms is
someplace in /usr and /etc, while the tarballs default is /usr/local.

As the rpms may be a bit old, I'd rpm -e them, and run the homebrewed
versions exclusively.  Note that this doesn't stop you from doing the
install with checkinstall, which will keep the rpm database uptodate
and allow you to use rpm -e to remove it later if you should desire.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)