2 Hard Drive...NTFS recognition

limaunion limaunion at fibertel.com.ar
Sun May 30 01:48:37 UTC 2004

Ragone_Andrew wrote:
> I just installed FC2 and think I am going to primarily use this from now on. It is on a second HD in my system but I have a large 200GB one [2 partitions] that use NTFS from Windows that I need to access. What path would this be on? /dev/hda1? And NTFS would be supported by default correct?
>
> -Andrew

Hi,

If it's on the seccond IDE controller as master drive, it would be hdc1
for partition one and hdc2 for partition two. AFAIK Fedora doesn't
support by default ntfs 'cause copyright issues or something like that,
you should check the linux-ntfs website, maybe they have an rpm or
otherwise compile your own kernel.

HTH.
Limaunion.