(no subject)

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun May 30 02:59:35 UTC 2004

dpbriley at cox.net wrote:
> OK, maybe it's just me, but I am having problems with the ISO Images.  I have downloaded them, did the MD5 checks and they were good.  Then I went and burned them to CD and none of the CD's passed the media test!  Twice!  AHHHHHHHH! I downloaded them from mirrors.kernel.org, but who cares if the MD5 checks, right?  I am burning them on a Windows Box using Roxio CD Creator 5 and burning the image.  But no good has come of it, twice. Talk about frustration! Any suggestions?  BTW, I am not new to Linux or Redhat, I remember downloading over phone lines and using floppies years ago, so I am no novice to this. Thanks!

Previous answers to questions like this have suggested one of:

	Not using 700MB CD-Rs
	Using non-name brand blank CD-Rs
	Trying to burn at too fast a speed.

Is your software running in a mode where it is burning the image, or is
it perhaps just copying the file *.iso to the CD.  When you insert the
CD and look at it in a file manager, do you see the expected files and
folders, or do you see a file named something.iso?

These are probably not related to your problem, but they are what comes
to mind.

Gerry Tool