5336-Nvidia Driver

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun May 30 08:45:13 UTC 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 3:21 am, Nicholas Ruddick wrote:
> Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'd like to know if somebody had found the appropriate Nvidia Driver
> > For FC2..I found a couple of drivers but i cant installed them
> > correctly. For exemple I took a look at www.minion.de
> > <http://www.minion.de> and download  the driver and the patch...but It
> > can't be installed...I had tu use "Make install" command but it did
> > not work...Need help here please!!!
>
> The driver on Nvidia's site works for me fine with FC2.

Some people seem to report that 5336 works with FC2 - But they are just lucky
and possible their driver is unstable (when I did this all *seemed* OK but
when I tried to push opengl the system crashed). In the end I followed the
instructions on this page

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=326605&postcount=7

to install a fresh kernel without the 4kstack issue. The instructions are
simple to follow (although the kernel is at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.6.tar.bz2 instead of
the address in the page).

This worked a dream for me.

Chris