[FC2] Anyone with successful Samba connections?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sun May 30 17:47:31 UTC 2004

Anyone here successful with Samba and FC2? By successful I mean the
following:

1. Browse Samba shares on the network using Nautilus (smb:///).
    - This was possible under FC1, by opening up the following ports:
	Incoming tcp 139, 445
	Incoming udp 137:138
	Outgoing udp 137
      But I can no longer get it to work. Every other computer on our
network (Windows XPs and Fedora Core 1s) can browse the Windows
workgroups and shares but me.

2. Have other computers (Windows or Linux or whatever) successfully
access Samba shares on your computer, using SHARE level security and a
publicly accessible "shared" folder.
    - The situation is basically this... I am running a laptop and would
like others to be able to access a "shared" folder I have created,
without being prompted for a username and/or password. When using a
Windows machine with the same account name and password, I can access
the share. But when on another machine withouy my username, it keeps
prompting for a password. What is strange is that I have basically used
my old FC1 configuration, which worked successfully. Anyone have a
configuration that would work for what I need, a public no-password folder?

Samba configuration:
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         server string = Samba Server
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 50
         security = SHARE
         encrypt passwords = yes
         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
         wins support = yes
         guest ok = yes
         dns proxy = no
[shared]
         comment = Shared Folder on portablepoch
         path = /home/shared
         guest ok = yes
         guest only = yes
         writeable = yes
         printable = no
         create mask = 0664
         directory mask = 0775
         force user = thepoch
         force group = thepoch

Is there a specific bugzilla or solution I should be looking at? Thanks.

dex