[FC2] Really slow after installing lots of new fonts.

Mon May 31 13:47:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 12:38, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Well, remove some fonts:)
> Really all the systems I know behave the same - with the prohibitive
> prices foundries charge for well-designed fonts (as opposed to the free
> ones that are mostly logo/title junk) the population that needs to work
> with thousands of fonts simultaneously must be really tiny.
>
> I'm not saying that's good, just that "the user will have a small number
> of fonts" is a common enough software assumption.
>
> Cheers,
Salut Nico ;)

Yep, it's what I did, cos' I it was really aking too much time to start
apps.. The font cache file was 8Mo and the font folder around 550Mo !
lol ;)
At least, I learned something, never install too much fonts on your
system! lol

Now, I keep them in another directory where I can browse them and
install the needed one at the right time...

Ludo
http://www.mythTVtalk.com (Now Open!!!)
Feel free to assist us in building a MythTV community!
--
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.6
@ 15:45:17 up  1:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.15, 0.30