Prism2 Wireless on FC2?

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon May 31 19:49:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 12:30, Dave Ashby wrote:
> Just upgraded to FC2.
>
> Good news: unlike FC1, pcmcia detects my wireless card at boot.
> "cardctl ident" yields:
> Socket 0:
>   product info: "The Linksys Group, Inc.", "Instant Wireless Network PC
> Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"

Are you sure this is a Prism2 card?  I thought Linksys switched to
Broadcom for their wireless cards.  (Which have no drivers unless you
use the Windows compatibility module hack.)

If I can find where I put my Linksys card, i will compare version id.
Mine is a Prism2.  It is also real old.  (It is one of the old 76mw
cards.)

--
We are living in the "interesting times" the fortune cookies warned us
about.