kudzu interaction with printers w/o standby mode (Canon BJC 255)

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Sat May 1 23:00:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 03:49, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Manually run kudzu

Yes, I have tried this. I switched to a VT and ran 'kudzu
--class=PRINTER' but instead of kudzu detecting the printer and asking
if I'd like to configure it, it instead tells me one-by-one that all my
other hardware has been removed (video,sound,usb etc) and I have to
select "Do Nothing" to keep my system sane.
So it looks like I'm SOL in this situation..kudzu only seems to want/be
able to communicate with the printer if it's on when I boot up. That's
when I hear the beep from printer confirming kudzu has talked to it and
I'll be able to print. Maybe someone could tell me this is normal
(albeit rediculous) behaviour? Is this what you guys have to do as well?

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.