Fedora 1 and Pine

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun May 2 00:52:30 UTC 2004

Am So, den 02.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 01:26:

> I am new to Fedora and am making head way with it since I upgraded to it
> from RH9 3 days ago.  Its getting to be nice but I just noticed tonight
> that PINE doesn't come up.  Instead I get the following:
>
> pine: error while loading shared libraries:
> libcom_err.so.3
> cannot open shared object file

That library was on RH9 part of krb5-libs. That changed on Fedora

> Do I have to install a new lib.. file?  If so which one, and if not how
> can I get around this error.
>
> Anyone please..

You are certainly using Pine you formerly used on RH9 before upgrading.
You need to change to a version compiled for FC1. One possible package
is

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/pine/pine-4.58-1.rhfc1.dag.i386.rpm

> Ted Gervais

Alexander

P.S. Please use this list's archive for searching for information. The
archive already contains a lot of mails and covers many issues people
feaced upgrading from former Redhat releases and many other topics.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 02:47:21 up 5 days, 1:36, load average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.15
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]