alert notification tool

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Sun May 2 13:04:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 11:57:04AM +1200, Orien Madgwick wrote:
> Hi, a novice user here, with a simple question. I want to remove the
> alert notification tool from my panel (I'll check for updates myself).
> When I select 'Remove from Panel' in the configuration wizard it goes.
> But next time I login there it is again -annoying. I don't want to
> remove the program from my system completely.
>
> How can I remove the blinking icon from my panel for good?
>
> Orien

Bad idea. I thought about doing this since I use yum to do automatic
updates then I found out that I would not be notified via email of any
kernel updates.  But the RHN alert notified me that I was running xyz
kernel and a newer kernel was installed, warning me that I need to
reboot to the new kernel!  So the alert icon still has a purpose.

jay