new FC1 install problems

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon May 3 02:54:06 UTC 2004

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Where do I go from here folks?
>
> No Cheers for FC1 at this point, Gene

Big generalization Gene, and quite unfair on the FC developers. You had
a custom 2.6 kernel on your 8.0 box. Basically yours was a 'tweaked'
system. Out of the 2 boxes I upgraded here (which were STANDARD 8.0
boxes), 1 upgraded 100% fully, the other only had apcupsd stop working
(which isn't a standard RH rpm anyway). An update from the author fixed
that one. So far both are running 100% properly for at least a month.

I think that if you like to tweak your system, that is fine, but you
cannot expect an upgrade to work with non standard distributed software
on it.

Easiest thing to do for you right now if you're having problems, is move
all configuration files and data off the box, and install an OS from
scratch, replacing the configurations and data after.

Regards,
Ed.