new FC1 install problems

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Mon May 3 15:41:46 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-05-03 10:29, ne... whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:

>On May 3, 2004 at 10:44, duncan brown in a soothing rage wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>>and i don't mean to insult you in anyway, but... i wonder who's the oldest
>>computer literate linux user out there?  i sort of have the mentality of
>>the hippies back in the 60s/70s, don't trust anyone over 30 =] ... it's
>>hard for me to believe that someone over 30 uses linux personally, once
>>you're over 30 you have to start thinking more like a manager =]... then
>>again, i'm almost over that line, but i don't feel like i'm that close =]
>>

>Well I'm a few days short of 40, started using Linux soon
>after RH2.1 came out in the mid 90's and have 3 pcs with
>RH9, FC1 & FC2t3 on them.
>
>N.Emile...

I'm not quite as old as Gene, only 60.  Started programming with an IBM
1620 (the first all-solid-state computer) in 1963.  Started using Unix
in 1980.  And still have my original RH 6.0 CDs on the shelf.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org