Re: Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:01, brions poetryproject net wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> I did not find any archive threads that specifically addressed the printer
> issues I'm having, so I apologize if I'm asking a commonly-asked question.
>
> Configuration:
> I have a Canon S630 USB printer attached to a machine running Fedora Core 1
> linux.  The printer works fine on the linux machine (can print CUPS test page
> w/o issue) and using the Printer GUI configuration tool I have enabled sharing
> for all hosts on my LAN.  I also have SAMBA configured and running and am able
> to sucessfully share three directories with a Windows XP machine, a Windows
> 2000 Pro machine, and a Mac iBook runing OS X.

Try uncommenting the line:

application/octet-stream        application/vnd.cups-raw        0

in /etc/cups/mime.convs and the line:

application/octet-stream

in /etc/cups/mime.types.  Both are near the bottom of the respective
files.

You may also have to open the permissions on /var/spool/samba.

Then restart cupsd and smb.

Bob...