Old farts and new Linux (was: new FC1 install problems)

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Mon May 3 16:48:04 UTC 2004

duncan brown said:

> dsyates said:
>> I am 37 and I started using linux when I was 29. All 4 of my six
>> computers are running linux.
>> To be almost 30, you have some serious misconceptions.
>
> i'm 28 and i've been using linux since i was 17.  it's not a
> misconception per-se, it's just that most people that i know who use
> computers go for the "longer established" (in their heads) windows
> 9X/XP, and it's
> interesting to me when there's someone that's older and went with the
> (as my mom puts it) "hippie o/s".  i converted her over to fedora back
> in december.
>
>> Linux User since 1996
>
> linux user since 1993.  nyah.

Bah.  My buddy Bob (whom I haven't communicated with for a good five
years, so I'd forgotten about him earlier), an old fart who'd logged over
fifty-one years of uptime as of 1999, had been a Linux user since 1991.
Last I heard from him, he didn't care for Red Hat 5.2 because it had "too
many bells and whistles", though he thought it might be okay for a
beginner.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)