Re: Howto get rid of old kernels

John Fleming wrote:
How do I get rid of old kernels and their listing in the graphical boot
screen?  They were all installed using yum or up2date, so I assume I can
remove them with either of those.  Will that remove them from the boot
screen too?  Tnx - John

rpm -qa | grep kernel

Will show you the kernel's that you currently have installed, then you can....

rpm -e kernel-2.x.x.....

for all the ones you want to get rid of. This will also delete their entry from grub.

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com