OMG The sky is falling

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Mon May 3 18:35:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:50, Guy Fraser wrote:
> RHL 9 is EOL!
> ...Snicker...
>
> :-)

[Playing along with the sarcasm]

    That's so, so, so Microsoft!  My software's supposed to be supported
forever!

    Actually it is, though; just like the guy with the 5.2 installation
brought up.  Google is currently holding something like 20 years of
newsgroups and who knows how many years of web-stuff that you can look
up.

    Isn't it odd?  The Linux culture is changing; this kinda paranoia is
new to the movement, but it's because of so many NEW people in it.
That's a good thing; we just have to educate'em in the hard facts.
Like...remember when "WWW" in your business name meant you WOULD be
given lots of money, and now, after the crash, it's all back to normal?
(i.e., "how much of my money will you spend, and how soon will I get it
back?")

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller
angegangen, Schlange-Hüften, sein es ganz rüber jetzt. Bügel innen fest,
weil es eine lange, süsse Fahrt ist.