apt package list?

Hello all,

I recently installed apt-get for FC1 and have installed several packages
astonishingly easily. Very nice. I don't know how to tell what packages are
available or where there is a directory of such packages. Can someone point
me in the right direction, please? Also, will someone please recommend an
editor for .avi files? My digital camera takes reasonable video, but it seems
always to be a bit too dark. I'd like to have something like the Gimp, but
for .avi so I can do simple edits and lighten it up.

Dave
--
Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings