Mounting HDD

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue May 4 13:20:17 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 04.05.2004 schrieb jludwig um 15:02:

> Do a fdisk -l /dev/hdd
> This will tell you about all partitions and the file system for each.

> jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>

Hu? Since when does fdisk care for and inspect partition filesystems? It
does not. It only tells you which partition type is used. It does not
tell you whether ID 83 = Linux stands for ext2 or ext3 or reiserfs.

Chris, I suspect you still have no data on the freshly create partition
hdb1. So run "mkfs.ext3 -v /dev/hdb1" to create a filesystem on it.
Maybe use additional parameters you want, besides the verbosity switch
-v.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 15:11:52 up 7 days, 14:00, load average: 0.04, 0.14, 0.26
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]