ftp question

Dear all,

I am using vsftpd, its working fine. I want to know one thing, currently if i use ftp://x.x.x.x  i get the pub folder and to make user connect to his home dir i have to use ftp://user x x x x

I was wondering can i do just that i put ftp://x.x.x.x in my browser and it asks for the username and password, after authentication user gets his home directory.

Help will be really appreciated.

Thanks