Re: Up2date alternative

On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:57:15 -0700, Tim Alberts <talberts msiscales com> wrote:

>If Up2date fails, does fedora offer a website or ftp where I can go and
>manually get updates?

In my experience, up2date usually fails because a repository is too busy or in
the process of synching and is incomplete.  When it fails, I try a different
mirror. If several fail, I wait a few hours and try again.  The list of
download sites is on the Fedora website. You can download from your browser,
via wget, yum, or up2date.  It really doesn't matter. The trick is finding a
happy mirror at the right time.

Any maybe I'll post this before Alexander does:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror
--
   Steve