Built in sound card and ethernet card not found. Help needed. Thanks.

Albert Teoh actteoh at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 4 15:32:15 UTC 2004

This is my first time using Linux. The version I am using is Fedora
Core 1. I am having 2 problems here:

   Fedora can't detect my built-in network card. My network card is
Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit Lan Controller supporting 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet. The message given to me is "3cf9x device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying intialization". What should I do?
   Fedora detected my built-in sound card as AC97 AD1985. But I
couldnt listen to any sound when I tested it. Is it because my sound card is incompatible with this version of Linux? How should I solve it?

 Attached is a link to my motherboard specification:
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4P800%20SE&langs=01

Thanks.

Regards,
Siang Leng

Life is not you don't know, you don't do
You do, then you know