Old farts and new Linux

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue May 4 16:13:27 UTC 2004

John Nichel said:
> Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>> John Nichel írta:
>>> Back when your friends thought you were cool for....
>>>
>>> 10 ECHO "Hello John";
>>

>> Hm, that was PRINT. You must have forgot your BASIC skills. :-)
>> Some kids have been joking on me in the primary school reading
>> a BASIC manual - the hungarian word for f*ck sounds
>> slightly similar. :-D
>
> Ooops....too much Perl and PHP these days....course I could use print
> there too....it's so confusing.....screw it, I'm going home, hooking up
> the Atari 800XL and playing Pitfall. ;)

Every now and then at work, when the Solaris servers are acting up and
Oracle won't play nice and I still have to deal with the slowness of SQL
Server, I turn to my boss and say, "What was I thinking, getting into
computers?  I shoulda been a fireman."

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)